Windshield glass and windshields refer to the same thing, which is a large piece of glass that fits into the frame of your car. This piece of glass is what protects you as you drive from debris such as rocks and rain as well as protection from collisions with other objects. The windshield directs airflow over/through the interior of your vehicle and may allow for heating or cooling inside the vehicle depending on the climate in which you live. Besides, it keeps your view clean with the help of wipers.
What Is The Difference Between The Windshield And Glass In India?
A windshield of a car refers to a large piece of glass that fits into the frame of your car. This piece of glass is what protects you as you drive from debris such as rocks and rain as well as protection from collisions with other objects.
On the other hand, glass is a solid material produced by fusion, generally from sand with silica or other materials, melting it down and allowing it to cool in a controlled manner which leads to the strengthening of the resulting product. Glass is a material that resembles the appearance and feel of transparent ice, typically used for tableware, to hold flowers or as a source of light for illumination.
Difference between windshield of a car and glass
The main differences between windshield and glass are :
- Size. A sheet of glass can be any size but it doesn’t mean that it’s a windshield unless it fits into the frame built onto your car to hold this large piece of glass.
- Purpose: The primary function of a windshield is safety because it keeps you safe from debris by protecting you from harmful outside elements while driving in your car. Glass has many uses including being used for tableware and holding flowers. It also serves as a source of light for illumination.
- Price: A windshield is one of the most expensive exterior car accessories and you need to pay more for windshield as compared to glass.
- Transparency: Glass is a transparent or translucent material that does not have a crystalline structure. The windshield in a vehicle is in front of the driver, next to the side windows, and provides protection from wind, rain, and flying objects, such as bugs. A windshield may be made from laminated safety glass or tempered glass.
- Hardness: Window glass is clear and brittle enough that it can be cut with a hard object such as a diamond. It’s often used in household items such as bottles, drinking glasses, windows, and rear-view mirrors. In vehicles, it is commonly found on car doors (side windows) and backlights(rear windows). However, many modern cars have windshields that are installed in the front to give a clear view to the driver.
- Thickness: Windshields are one of the thickest car accessories and are generally thicker as compared to glasses.
- Weight: The weight of the windshield is significantly higher than glass due to the thickness, which increases its weight.
- Strength: The windshield is stronger than glass due to its durability that ensures safety for the driver inside the car.
- Direction: A windshield displays laminated or tempered properties that can resist wind pressure coming from any direction at speeds up to 350 km/h.
- Environment-friendly product: Glass is an environmentally friendly product but still has a negative impact on people as well as the environment because there are different types of glasses that are used in different items according to their specific purpose such as drinking glasses, window glasses, rearview mirrors, etc. While there are different types of windshields such as laminated or tempered which are used in vehicles to ensure safety.
The windshield is a safer option as compared to glass because it has the ability to protect you from flying objects and debris coming your way while driving. It also displays strength and durability under certain conditions. The material for glass varies according to its needs and uses so not all glasses have these properties. Glass is an environmentally friendly product but still has a negative impact on the environment because there are different types of glasses which are used in different items according to their specific purpose such as drinking glasses, window glasses, rearview mirrors, etc. While there are different types of windshields such as laminated or tempered which are used in vehicles to ensure safety.
Where can I buy the best windshield for my car and bike online in India?
The best transparent and crystal clean windshield can be found on Carorbis.com, all you need to do is click on www.carorbis.com. Not just the windshield you can find various wiper blades types at Carorbis that you must buy according to the car you are using.